Trilogy Education Services (Trilogy) has retained SmartHire to conduct a search for a Salesforce Business Analyst to join their New York Office in Midtown.
Trilogy is re-imagining how skills-based learning can close the gap between the skills of today's workforce and the needs of tomorrow's jobs. They work with experienced instructors, innovative employers, and top universities to create boot camps that prepare students for careers in the Digital Economy. Although they have successfully graduated hundreds of students, this is truly Day 1 for them. Driven by a one-team mentality, they're looking for those with the hunger, talent, and passion to ride this wave with them.
This Business Analyst position will help lead or assist in conducting requirements sessions with end users and central operations. Responsibilities include documenting, designing and testing system implementations and launch support of solutions in Salesforce.com environment. As a Business Analyst, you will interface with business to ensure timely and effective delivery of Salesforce solutions for the business requirements. The ideal candidate is a diligent, hardworking individual who is able to learn new functions and processes rapidly, can work with little supervision and is capable of delivering outstanding work at all times.
- Leads requirements gathering sessions, proactively drawing out requirements from stakeholders.
- Performs gap analysis to identify opportunities for process improvement or management control of work flow.
- Creates requirements definition documentation, including use cases, and functional specifications to capture business needs and for validation with the customer and shared with project stakeholders.
- Creates workflow diagrams to document current and future business environment.
- Identifies and resolves problems which may impact projects by monitoring progress and project status. Escalates important issues to the attention of Management so that decisions can be made promptly.
- Responds and communicates efficiently between the business, tech and QA team on projects and to facilitate resolution of user issues as and when necessary.
- Communicates in written, oral and presentation formats to best represent and express user and organizational requirements to audiences up to mid-level management.
- Forms productive relationships with internal customers by listening, clarifying, and responding effectively.
- Assists the business in defining scope and priorities for system initiatives (new projects and ongoing maintenance)
- Exceptional communication skills – written, presentation skills, etc.
- Exceptional client handling skills – able to work with all levels within the client portfolio
- Demonstrated ability to deliver business-oriented solutions, across a portfolio of projects
- Able to successfully manage a varied workload with minimal intervention from Management
- Thorough understanding of the AGILE development lifecycle
- Ability to conceptualize current requirements against future plans
- Possesses the aptitude to quickly understand work processes and flows in various business units and recognize those that could benefit from technology
- Proven ability to support Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) and Change Management
- Possesses an understanding of current business analysis and project management methodologies, tools and techniques
- Established project management skills including familiarity with project scheduling and tracking documents
- 2+ years in Business Analysis
- Salesforce Knowledge is desired