SmartHire has been retained by a growing technology company to search for a talented Sr. Accountant or Accountant to join their team. The Senior Accountant will have experience with an educational related company or education institution. Their responsibilities will include:
- Lead the month-end close process on a day-to-day basis
- Work closely with FP&A on reporting results to universities
- Ensure revenue and expenses are captured in accordance with the company’s accounting policies.
- Own the monthly reconciliation process for all balance sheet accounts including accounts receivable, deferred revenue, university-related payables, fixed assets, and cash.
- Prepare and maintain transfer pricing records and reconciliations, global intercompany reconciliations and eliminations, balance sheet reconciliations and journal entries.
- Review and analyze balance sheet and profit & loss accounts
- Participate in other ad hoc project, month-end close process and corporate accounting functions when required
- Assist in preparation of public-company equivalent financial statements and footnotes
- Utilize the Floqast tool to manage the close process and reduce the time to close
- Collaborate on process improvement and implement processes as necessary
- Assist with audits and tax returns as needed
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or similar
- 3+ years of relevant experience in accounting and month-end close
- Foreign currency and corporate income tax exposure preferred.
- Understanding of accounts payable, purchasing and general ledger accounting processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work as a hands-on team player in a small group environment across all levels of the company
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work