Family Foundation located in the near north suburbs of Chicago is seeking a financial professional to join their team. This position will be located in Skokie, IL.
Position Summary: The Financial professional will work with the Foundation's Leadership and Board in evaluating the strategy and outcomes of the various areas of giving. They will focus in the financial sustainability of the potential grantees and make recommendations based on the information.
Personality Profile: Relentlessly analytical. You follow your instincts but double check everything. You want to know what you don’t know. You read between the lines. You look at the forest and the trees to discern where the problem is. You’re inquisitive and kind. You balance pointed questions with compliments. You love sharing insights and make every insight actionable. You make and defend clear judgment calls about what does and does not work. You’re good on the phone, on the road, in a cubicle, and in front of high-powered nonprofit leaders. You like to travel and build your network. You want serious work of significant consequence.
- Evaluate and analyze potential grantees financial organizational strengths and weaknesses.
- Make recommendations for $1 million+ grants.
- Establish tools for data collection and evaluation.
- Conduct meetings with potential grantee leadership.
- Prepare written evaluations of potential grantees and existing grantees for Foundation leadership and board.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting related field.
- 3+ years of experience evaluating business financials and making recommendations for improvement.
- Experience with non-profit and foundation preferred.
- Experience as an investment analyst, grant accountant, financial analyst or financial manager.