Family Foundation is seeking a talented Award-Winning Writer with experience creating content for the Orthodox Jewish Community. The Sr. Communications Associate / Writer will lead the Jewish Communications and will be an integral part of the Foundation’s Communications Team. They will collaborate with the Foundation’s Program Leaders, President and the Communications team to create content that will resonate with various audiences and to promote the Foundation’s overall mission. The Writer will also assist grantees in their communications strategies as it relates to the Foundation.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate storyteller with Award-Winning writing experience. The Writer will be crafting clear, structured and compelling content that communicates the importance of the Foundation’s mission. The Writer will have experience writing across multiple mediums including digital, print and more. They will have experience writing content related to Jewish Living and have knowledge and understanding of the Orthodox Jewish community. The Writer will also have experience writing on other topics and utilize this experience to write about the Foundation’s work in many areas.
Responsibilities include. but are not limited to:
- Write compelling content for digital communications, social media campaigns, white pages, articles, program specific publications, e-newsletters, blogs, case studies, press releases, presentations, and more.
- Collaborate with the Communications team, President and Program Leaders in creating and implementing the communications strategy to further the Foundation’s Mission.
- Partner and strategize with Jewish Living Program Leader to create engaging content related to the Jewish Living area of giving.
- Partner and strategize with additional Program Leaders to create engaging content related to the Foundation’s additional areas of giving.
- Team with grantees on communications strategies and content creation.
- Assists the President and Leadership team in crafting talking points, creating presentation materials and developing media opportunities related to pillars of giving.
- Assist with additional projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Journalism, English, or Communications. Graduate Degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of professional writing experience with 2 years of experience writing on topics within the Orthodox Jewish community.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Recipient of Writing Awards, Scholarships, Grants or Fellowships a plus.
- Qualified candidates must provide writing samples or access to a portfolio of work