Our client is currently seeking Systems Engineers. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for the life-cycle support of data link (wideband, narrowband and/or SATCOM) systems from conceptual development through product phase-out. This includes proposal support, requirements analysis and management, task planning, technical documentation (including generation of Statements of Work and specifications), design oversight participation, design synthesis in a multi-functional engineering environment, build and test support, subcontract control, risk management input, and system deployment and in-house technical support during the operational life-cycle of the system.
Here are the key elements needed for this role:
Do you have a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering?
Do you have at least 2 years of related engineering experience?
Do you have experience with SATCOM?
Do you have exposure to working for the Department of Defense?
Are you willing to relocate to Salt Lake City, Utah if not local?
- Performs research and development in an assigned engineering discipline
- Assists in the planning and conducting of technical projects or portions of projects
- Employs best practices, tools and techniques and applies processes and methodologies selected to design and develop new products or modify existing products
- Assists in the capture and/or management of customer and derived requirements, decomposition and assignment of requirements to appropriate functional areas of responsibility, ensuring traceability from a verification test matrix back to the original customer and system-level derived requirements
- Helps develop technical specifications, interface control documents, test plans and procedures, analyzes configuration and processing solutions, and tests conformance to specifications
- Recommends new or improved design solutions and processes; reviews literature, patents and current industry practices of relevance to assigned project
- Ensures technical performance, quality, and adherence to schedule
- Follows processes in conformance with established policies and objectives
- May coordinate the efforts of technical support personnel and may mentor and/or provide work leadership
- May provide technical consultation to internal organizations and/or customers
- May evaluate vendor capabilities to provide required products or services
- May participate in design reviews
- An ABET (EAC/CAC) accredited Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical Engineering discipline is strongly preferred, or equivalent technical education and experience (2+ years related experience, Junior, Mid-Level and Senior roles available)
- Experience with SATCOM
- Experience in product development a plus (preferably in military application environment).
- Understanding of engineering architecture and design concepts along with a basic understanding of the engineering practices and procedures required to develop, test and deploy systems.
- Presentation and communication skills (verbal/written/visual)
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to meet critical deadlines
- Understanding the coordination of project(s) and efforts of technical support personnel
- Ability to productively contribute work, ideas and collaboration as part of a team
- Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance, as required
- Ability, willingness to travel when required to support customer installation, demonstrations and general field support