Project Controls Scheduling Engineer
Capital Construction Consulting firm seeks a qualified Project Controls professional who possess excellent functional knowledge of Primavera P6 and has 4+ years of prior experience with all aspects of Planning and Scheduling including, but not limited to, resource planning, milestone tracking, and updating logic driven schedules in Primavera P6. Outstanding candidates will be comfortable working in a fast paced, team-oriented environment with an emphasis in leading the planning efforts for client projects.
- Create and update program and project schedules in Primavera P6 and subsequent versions
- Integrate contractor schedules and fragmented networks (fragnets)
- Attend regularly and as-needed meetings with managers and stakeholders
- Create routine and as-needed reports, such as summary and lookahead schedules, key milestones and baseline variances.
- Coordinate tasks with other schedulers
- Analyze schedules for compression opportunities and identify developing problem areas
- Cost and resource-load schedules
- Communicate timely and effectively with clients and stakeholders
- Adhere to the prescribed Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), global codes, and templates
- Publish schedules in PDF and other formats to the prescribed locations
- Collaborate with stakeholders to create and refine templates
- Integrate Primavera P6 data to other platforms, such as K2, SAP, IBM Planning Analytics
- Support project management team to maintain timely and effective change management process, procedures and systems.
- Perform routine QA/QC checks of project schedules and inform Project Managers about issues that need to be resolved.
- Create summary and detailed project reports for management and project team members including analysis of cost activities and project cash flows that would track actual costs incurred to projected/forecasted costs
- Perform Earned Value Analysis
Minimum of 4-6 years of direct or relevant experience. Responsible for projects or portfolio worth $10 million - $100 million
Primavera version 6 (P6) - an Oracle product. Proficient in Office 365; SharePoint Online
Communicate effectively to a diverse audience of different levels of education and expertise verbally and in writing; able to present to a large audience; works well in one-on-one and group settings requiring excellent interpersonal skills.
High school graduate required. Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering, or related field from accredited program preferred
PMI-SP or PMP Desirable