We are searching for a talented Project Manager (PM) for a full-time direct hire role with a Capital Construction Project Management firm. The PM will be part of the Electric Operations team and will manage the execution of multiple electrical transmission, substation and distribution. The position will involve coordinating with multiple internal and external departments to manage the life cycle of project execution. This is a hybrid role and will require some travel to Rocklin office and job sites.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
For over 30 years, our client has been an industry leader providing Project Management Solutions on Capital Construction Projects. Focusing on the Utilities, Oil, Gas, Water and other Large Construction Projects, their Project Controls Professionals have worked on some of the largest Capital Construction Projects throughout the US.
They are Certified as a Federal Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and State of California Small Business and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (SB/DVBE).
The Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects. This position has overall project management responsibility and provides a single point of contact for those projects. Uses independent judgment in applying Project Management fundamentals, working with minimal supervision. Interacts with senior internal and external contacts. External contacts include overseeing contractors and providing information to or exchanging information with third parties (e.g., Government, regulatory, or community groups).
• Develops and defines project scope and objectives.
• Establishes and leads project team with agreed-upon roles and responsibilities.
• Obtain commitment on detailed work plans including schedule, cost, resource, contingency and communication plans.
• Obtains management approval as needed and is responsible for project tracking and analysis of project costs, scope and schedule.
• Ensures project documentation is maintained.
• Develops, monitors and updates the project cash flow and financial forecasts.
• Manages dates, operations, tasks and scheduling in current software system (e.g., WM, EPM Microsoft Project Server, Primavera P6).
• Ensures all specialized materials are ordered in a timely manner.
• Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
• Communicates project status on a regular basis to all stakeholders.
• Assesses project risk and formulates mitigative contingency plans.
• Implements quality standards, reviews project deliverables and communicates variances accordingly.
• Identify and communicate lessons learned and incorporate prior lessons learned as best practices into projects.
• Adjusts project scope, with project sponsor approval, and schedule as appropriate to accommodate change
• Identifies project performance issues, analyzes and addresses them in a timely manner.
• Effectively completes multiple projects concurrently.
• Represents and promotes the project and its contribution to company goals.
Additional job duties include:
• Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team.
• Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and resolution of problems.
• Oversees and administrates low risk EPC contracts per project type table in accordance with ESC Work Oversight Committee.
• Represents organization to government agencies as required for assigned projects.
• Provides guidance to Associate Project Managers.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or its equivalent in education and experience
• 3 years of experience in project management, project controls, engineering, and/or equivalent experience.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
• Knowledge and experience with electric substations, gas and electric distribution and transmission projects
• Uses independent judgment in selecting and applying Project Management methods and techniques to determine cost-effective and practical solutions
• Fluent in the use of Project Management tools such as SAP Financials and Work Management modules, Microsoft Project and Primavera P6 Scheduling Software
SmartHire, Inc. offers Contingency Search, Retained Search, Recruitment Process Outsourcing RPO and On-Demand Hourly recruiting.
SmartHire focuses in Legal, Engineering, Medical or Healthcare, Human Resources, Communications/Public Relations, Information Technology, Finance & Accounting, Biotechnology, Non-Profit, Marketing and Sales.
For more information on SmartHire, please visit our website at www.smarthireinc.com.
SmartHire Inc., 1 E Erie St, Suite 525-2573, Chicago, IL 60611