Accounts Payable Specialist (APS) is an integral part of the Finance and Accounting team and reports directly to the Finance Manager. The APS is responsible for accounts payable functions which includes processing and monitoring payments and expenditures to ensure accuracy and timely payment of invoices for vendors and suppliers. As well as, ensuring compliance with financial policies, procedures, and contractual requirements of the organization. As part of the finance and accounting team, the APS will also serve as a backup for accounts receivable functions when needed. This position will be located in the Addison Office with some remote work available.
· Performs day-to-day processing of accounts payable transactions.
· Reconciles invoices with purchase orders and addresses any quantity or price variances.
· Reviews purchase orders, check requests, and/or other related documentation for completeness and compliance with financial policies, procedures, and contractual requirements.
· Manages and updates vendor information and enters all accounts payable data into Sage X3 daily.
· Monitors and investigates discrepancies regarding payment of accounts and serves as liaison between departments and vendors in the resolution of problems and inquiries.
· Maintains receipts accrual report for assigned business segment(s).
· Prints and mails manual checks as approved by requestor and department manager.
· Reconciles credit card statements.
· Reconciles the RNI account (Receipts Not Invoiced).
· Prepares and posts monthly AP & T&E accruals.
· Administration for Expensify (T&E system)
· Serves as back up to Accounts Receivable and performs other duties as needed.
High school diploma/GED required.
2+ years prior accounts payable skills REQUIRED.
Experience working with a manufacturing organization.
Sage X3 experience preferred, not required.
Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Adobe Acrobat PDF Editor
AR Experience helpful, but will train.
Strong attention to detail
Solid organizational, communication, problem-solving and research abilities
SmartHire, Inc. offers Contingency Search, Retained Search, Recruitment Process Outsourcing RPO and On-Demand Hourly recruiting.
SmartHire focuses in Legal, Engineering, Medical or Healthcare, Human Resources, Communications/Public Relations, Information Technology, Finance & Accounting, Biotechnology, Non-Profit, Marketing and Sales.
For more information on SmartHire, please visit our website at www.smarthireinc.com.
SmartHire Inc., 1 E Erie St, Suite 525-2573, Chicago, IL 60611