The Director or Manager of Information Technology (Director/Manager) is a new pivotal member of the Organization leadership team and serves as the primary technology advisor to the organization on all matters pertaining to the Information Technology (IT) operations and Cyber Security of the Organization and it’s charitable entities.
The Director or Manager of Information Technology will have a proven track record of selecting, deploying, and integrating modern SaaS computing systems, IT infrastructure, and strong cybersecurity experience. They will also have the leadership ability to manage Informational Technology Staff, vendors, operational functions and developing and implementing IT Strategy.
This individual will be a creative IT leader who has experience with the operational and cybersecurity challenges that face family foundations and non-profit organizations. S/he will lead the development of our IT infrastructure plan and Cybersecurity roadmap and lead the transformation of the Organization’s IT capabilities to deploy an integrated suite of global SaaS and custom software solutions that automate core business process, increase employee productivity, support compliance, and protect our cybersecurity.
The primary duties affiliated with this position require the exercise of discretion and independent judgment, specialized knowledge and training, and enterprise management of the overall information technology strategy and execution.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Responsible and accountable for designing and implementing the IT infrastructure plan, cybersecurity roadmap and information technology strategy for the organization.
- Coordinate with leadership teams and external advisors to determine priorities and planning related to information technology and cybersecurity matters.
- Establishes and implements IT standards for the organization and collaborates with the leadership team to develop departmental policies and procedures that increase the effectiveness of end-user technology.
- Develops and manages the IT budget, manages vendor relationships, and works with leadership to ensure IT and cybersecurity strategy is being achieved.
- Proactively identify opportunities to maximize return on investment in technology, through benefit enhancement initiatives and cost control initiatives.
- Collaborates with leadership to identify IT solutions to organizational needs and support the adoption of technologies.
- Oversees the daily IT operations of the organization, manages IT staff and external employees to ensure infrastructure and all cybersecurity equipment and tools are operating both effectively and efficiently.
- Responsible for immediate responses to IT or cybersecurity incidents and investigates events in a timely manner including accepting/responding to cyber threat reports, cyber security incident response actions, continuous collaboration with internal and external customers, and serving as the escalation point on Organization Foundation security matters.
- Ensure team members follow company policies, procedures, and change control process guidelines to meet regulatory requirements and industry security standards.
- Assist in project management in enterprise-wide software/hardware rollout/migration projects to include planning the analysis, evaluation, testing, implementation, integration, and migration strategy for deployment.
- Assess and resolve technical problems that may involve complex integration of technologies across multiple software and hardware platforms and business units.
- Maintain/improve current mobile device management program ensuring visibility and security to mobile devices to include (application monitoring, antivirus, data loss prevention, asset recovery/remote wipe).
- Drives innovation by recommending new solutions and new ideas across the organization, designed to meet the future challenges of our operations.
- Develops and leads the IT training and ensures employees are trained and supported to make full use of IT systems
Compensation & Benefits:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8+ years of IT leadership experience with strong experience in cybersecurity.
- Significant non-profit experience, family office and/or foundation experience preferred
- Active industry recognized security certifications (CISSP, CISM or CISA)
- Experience with SaaS systems including Salesforce, Office 365, Egnyte etc.
- 6+ years of experience in IT equipment procurement contract negotiations and security review of such purchases to ensure cyber security requirements are met according to business needs
- Strong understanding of IT security standards, frameworks, and applications
- Excellent communication, ability to translate technical language to general terms
- Excellent public speaking skills, ability to speak clearly before a large audience
The Organization offers an excellent benefits package that includes health, vision, dental and life insurance. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.