We are seeking a Grants Associate to support the mission and strategic goals of our Foundation by providing day-to-day grants management support for the Foundation’s grantmaking operations, systems, and data. This professional will support the Senior Grants Manager in all aspects of grants management, including data management, grants administration, grants processing, and reporting. This position requires significant use of Salesforce.
The specific duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
• Conducts preliminary due diligence on all potential grantee organizations, including verifying tax eligibility and compliance.
• Complete front-line grant processing, owning data entry for contacts, organizations, grant applications, payments, reports and file management
• Review incoming applications for completeness and follow up with grantees on outstanding issues
• Serve as a resource and knowledge expert to colleagues and grant seekers who have questions about the grants process and the grants management system
• Process grant agreements and other documents using Conga and DocuSign, and manage incoming agreements, maintain electronic records
• Process grant payments, including merging and proofreading payment letters and request forms for approved grants, collecting payment information, and data entry
• Make suggestions to improve grants management processes and systems
• Help maintain data integrity and file management within the grants management system, ensuring accurate and clear information available for all staff
• Supports Senior Grants Manager with developing reports and dashboards that tell the story of the Foundation’s strategies and impact and grants flow
• Perform other duties or special projects assigned by the Senior Grants Manager Grants Associate
Skills & Qualifications:
Undergraduate degree in a relevant field
1-3 years of experience with grants in the nonprofit or philanthropic sector
Knowledge and experience with grants management software (Salesforce experience is preferred)
Demonstrated experience with customer service/client services
Skilled in Microsoft Office software suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
Strong time management and organizational skills
Excellent interpersonal skills with comfort being in a community-facing role and the ability to work with a diverse team of professionals and a variety of external grantees, partners, collaborators, vendors, etc.
Ability to communicate complicated technical or financial details to grant seekers, grantees, and staff
Comfortable with quantitative data and data visualization
Exhibits a high degree of discretion dealing with confidential information
Strong ethical grounding and professional judgement
Adaptable and flexible with high emotional intelligence and a positive attitude Ability to independently troubleshoot basic technical issues and problem solve Ability to multi-task, prioritize work assignments, and manage projects in a fast-paced work environment
Commitment to producing high-quality work and accountability for timely and effective results
Passion for social impact and the mission and areas of interest
Compensation & Benefits:
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes health, vision, dental and life insurance. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.