Private family foundation based in the Chicago area that provides individuals and organizations with resources and tools to create more welcoming and vibrant communities is searching for an Administrative Specialist to join their growing team.
The Administrative Specialist (AS) is an important member of the team and will provide direct administrative support to organizational staff.
The AS will be an administrative professional who is flexible, discreet, adept at managing confidential information, manage multiple tasks and works well with internal team members, external vendors, and visitors to the office. They will have excellent communication skills, superb attention to detail, and strong calendar management and scheduling skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
· Provides administrative support to the Chief Financial Officer and organizational staff members, including:
· Scheduling meetings and activities involving multiple participants in a fast-paced environment.
· Managing complex travel arrangements, ensuring detailed itineraries are accounted for, confirmations are maintained, and advance materials are coordinated.
· Preparing expense reports for submission for payment processing.
· Assists with Accounts Payable activities including preparing and submitting invoices and ensuring proper coding and documentation.
· Manages all aspects of coordinating an efficient and effective office environment, including:
· All incoming and outgoing mail
· General reception duties for both in-person guests and vendors, and incoming phone calls
· Building management coordination of all cleaning and maintenance needs
· Office supplies ordering and stocking
· Vendor scheduling for deliveries and equipment maintenance
· Drafts, formats, and proofreads materials for spelling, grammar, layout, and typographical errors.
· Organizes and locates documents stored electronically and in paper files on a continual basis.
· Assists Grants Management team as needed on special projects.
· Assists in set up and take down of office spaces for meetings and events.
· Manages work deadlines and schedules and is proactive in meeting them, and in anticipating needs related to meeting those deadlines.
· Works both independently and as part of a team on projects; handles matters quickly, proactively, and with follow-through to successful completion.
· Other office administrative tasks as required.
Ideal Skills& Characteristics for the Candidate:
· High school diploma required, associates or bachelor’s degree preferred.
· 3+ years of office administrative experience.
· Excellent knowledge of office administration procedures and the operation of standard office equipment, systems, and programs.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· A self-starter, who can be self-directed, manages well through ambiguity, yet consults appropriately.
· A creative and calm problem solver.
· Superior proficiency in a variety of computer software applications (including Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat).
· A high level of communicative and interpersonal skills, and the ability to discreetly handle sensitive and confidential matters.
· The ability to manage multiple projects and interruptions with ease.
· A strong and proven work ethic, high energy, and outstanding organizational skills.
· Strong collaboration skills.
· Ability to gather, analyze and summarize data.
· Some travel to meetings may be involved
· This is an in-person job position. Based on current circumstances, this position will work in the office Monday – Thursday with the option to work remotely or in-person on most Fridays as work schedule permits. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
· Remaining in a stationary position, often sitting for prolonged periods in an indoor office environment.
· Must be able to navigate throughout various offices of the building.
· Communicating with others to exchange information and perform duties.
· Ability to read materials on a computer screen.
· Repetitive motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
· Moderate noise level consistent with an office environment.
· Equipment: Laptop, monitor and associated cables are provided by the company.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary range $70,000 to $80,000 per year.