Growing Natural and Healthy Food organization is searching for a talented Cost Accountant or Senior Cost Accountant with manufacturing organization experience to join their team. This is a Hybrid Role.
The cost accountant position is responsible for all aspects of Manufacturing and Production costing analysis and inventory for all business locations. The cost accountant is responsible for comparing standard cost to actual cost and identifying and explaining variances by customer, product and process. The cost accountant must also work closely with marketing and sales to provide product costing support, especially for new products.
· Develop and maintain Cost Structure and Systems for Material, Labor and Overheads for all products and production workflows across 2 manufacturing sites and future acquisitions. Run standard cost rolls on a regular basis, and as needed.
· Monthly review of COGS and PPV and product margin analysis
· Monthly inbound freight analysis
o Track freight in and ensure being captured in receipts.
o Identify variances and adjust standard freight rates as needed.
o Make suggestions for improvement.
o Support pricing activities as needed.
· Calculate and explain the monthly inventory reserve for obsolescence.
o Ensure all orders are closed & costed.
o Reconcile the WIP and RNI accounts (work with AP)
o Resolve order discrepancies.
· Analysis: review main variances of inventory and work with other functions (Purchasing, Manufacturing, Sales) to optimize inventory levels and working capital (ie. obsolete, slow movers, overstock).
Accounting month-end and yearend assistance:
· Participate to the month-end closing process for inventory, costing, and COGS related questions.
· Assist with forecast and budgets.
· Assist with annual audit and tax prep.
· Assist with annual Physical Inventory and cycle counts.
· Other financial analysis as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
· 3 years’ experience in similar position in a manufacturing environment
· Sage X3 experience preferred, not required
· Proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel pivots and vlook-ups
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong organizational, communication, problem-solving and research abilities
· Ability to work independently as well as in teams.
· Must be a self-starter who takes initiative.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 - $115,000.00 per year plus discretionary bonus