Multifaceted organization specializing in the development, production, and marketing of culinary flavorings and ingredients serving both sweet and savory sectors is searching for a talented financial planning and analysis manager to join their rapidly growing organization.
Under the supervision of the CFO, and for current, as well as future, companies and/or business units, your main responsibilities will be to:
Location and Travel: Position will be based in Addison, IL, with periodic travel to facilities in NJ and other locations; periodic travel to other locations within the US or Canada as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Provide leadership in business analysis and promote best practices throughout the organization.
- Help develop, implement, and monitor application of group policies.
- Partner with Cost Accountant to develop, implement, and maintain a costing methodology in a batch process environment with work centers.
- Support and finalize the month-end closing process in collaboration with local accounting team and provide further root cause analyses of the monthly financials.
- Lead the development of additional forecasting tools and analyzing variances to actuals.
- Develop and produce regular reporting; automation and digital transformation is encouraged.
- Create novel analysis to identify for the Company’s management opportunities for operational, sales, cost, and other improvements.
- Help identify and implement top line growth or cost savings opportunities in various areas of the organization.
- Aid in the development and preparation of the quarterly Board presentation and supporting analyses.
- Aid in the development and preparation of the Strategic Plan, forecast, and supporting analyses.
- Aid in the development and preparation of the Annual Operating Plan, forecast, and supporting analyses; prepare and analyze drivers of variances to actuals.
- Support the different business units in providing regular and ad-hoc analysis reports such as product or customer profitability, inventory turnover analysis, cash flow analysis, etc.
- Help business units and their respective management teams develop and track KPIs, using Business Intelligence tools.
- Support the ongoing implementation of a new ERP throughout current and future entities.
- Assist management during future M&A processes, including due diligence and integration.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a focus on finance, accounting, engineering, or related field of study; MBA or other relevant Master’s degree a plus.
- Relevant experience in a similar position in a manufacturing environment is strongly desired; food or chemicals manufacturing experience also preferred.
- Prior experience in a large public accounting firm preferred.
- Prior experience in fast-paced and high attention to detail environments, including but not limited to investment banking, management consulting, and/or private equity, are preferred.
- CPA preferred but not required.
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP and GAAP principles.
- Cost accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Experience developing, automating, and producing regular reporting.
- Experience preparing materials for presentation to and working with Senior Management and the Board of Directors.
- Strong financial modeling skills; automation, coding, and systems integration experience a plus.
- Efficient and meaningful cross-functional collaboration.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Language Ability: Excellent oral and written communicator.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office with advanced Excel proficiency. “Hands on” experience with ERP and MIS/reporting systems. Prior use of ERP software, Sage X3, a plus.
Compensation: Base salary of $115,000 to $150,000 plus discretionary bonus and excellent benefits.