Organic Food and Beverage manufacturing organization is searching for a talented Master Planner & Scheduler to join their growing organization. This is a Hybrid remote.
This position will support the Planning and Production operations for the organization’s two manufacturing plants by ensuring accurate planning, production scheduling, timely and accurate customer shipments, renewal of raw materials required to keep the manufacturing group at peak efficiency and supporting the needs of our customer service personnel in their effort to provide on time delivery of customer orders. This position will interface with procurement and Toll Manufactures to communicate needs, timing requirements and supply chain issues that may affect our commitment to Excellent Customer Service.
• Maintain a good Planning horizon for both NJ and IL plants.
• Maintain a Master Planning sheet for both plants.
• Create a soft schedule for both plants.
• Evaluate capacities and demands.
• Identify raw shortages that could affect scheduling and manufacturing.
• Be proactive in recognize problems, communicating important issues and finding reasonable solutions.
• Support the planning process of new business by actively participating in the New Business Early Warning process.
• Maintain the accuracy of PlannerOne
• Lead the Planning Meeting for both plants to discuss any issues that may affect our ship date.
• Communicate with Toll Manufacturers about expectations and possible delays to meet our ship date.
• Regularly communicate with Procurement about current and upcoming raw demand.
• Regularly communicate with schedulers for both plants
• Bachelor Degree preferred. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• 5 plus years of scheduling experience required.
• Previous manufacturing and logistics experience preferred.
• Advance excel knowledge.
• Ability to multi-task
• A good understanding of Supply Chain Management
• Perform duties of the position with minimal supervision.
• Attention to detail and accuracy is an absolute must.
• Ability to work and communicate with a diverse group of people.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A highly customer service-oriented mindset and “can-do” mentality.
• Good working knowledge of Word & Access and a comfort level of learning new systems.
• Experience using ERP systems (Sage preferred) and MRP planning modules.
• Comfortable with the use of web-based systems
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
SmartHire, Inc. offers Contingency Search, Retained Search, Recruitment Process Outsourcing RPO and On-Demand Hourly recruiting.
SmartHire focuses in Legal, Engineering, Medical or Healthcare, Human Resources, Communications/Public Relations, Information Technology, Finance & Accounting, Biotechnology, Non-Profit, Marketing and Sales.
For more information on SmartHire, please visit our website at www.smarthireinc.com.
SmartHire Inc., 1 E Erie St, Suite 525-2573, Chicago, IL 60611