Legal Marketing - Business Development Manager
International Organization focused in ADR with offices throughout the United States is searching for a talent Marketing / Business Development professional with legal marketing experience to join their team. This is a hybrid role and the company is very big on promoting from within. This is a hybrid remote role. This role can be located in Boston, Washington D.C or Philadelphia.
The Legal Marketing - Business Development Manager (Manager) is an integral part of the Marketing team. This role will be responsible for increasing the exposure and recognition for the organization and its practice groups. This position will require significant and proactive interaction with leadership team, associates, clients, and will be accountable for the successful implementation of stated practice development objectives. They will also be responsible for related national and international initiatives. This is a hybrid role with some travel to regional offices.
- MANAGER will collaboratively build the complex practices of its leadership, staff and associates through practice development activities.
- Partner with appropriate Manager to develop and execute legal education programs; plan, produce and moderate roundtables and other internal events as well as focus groups in conjunction with Client Relations.
- Appear as organization’s representative at regular networking events; regular client meetings to promote organization and our services.
- MANAGER will build marketing plans for national practice areas as designated by their Manager Marketing
- Partner with Marketing/Practice development team to ensure that staff members are meeting or exceeding annual practice goals and assist with staff member’s market launches.
- Participate in media opportunities including article placement, media introductions, internet exposure, internal and external promotions, etc.
- MANAGER will have significant and proactive interaction with staff members, associates, clients, and will be accountable for the successful implementation of stated practice development objectives; collaborate with appropriate constituents on Request for Proposals and present to prospective clients; internal business analysis and external market research
- Prepare and manage annual regional Practice Development budget
- Collaborate with Managers, co-workers and staff members, sharing critical information to accomplish objectives; values cooperation within a team and works effectively on projects crossing both regional and functional lines; understands when discussion is necessary before decision making process is complete
- Offers advice and creates plans based on analysis of issues and trends, and how these link to the responsibilities, capabilities, and potential of the team; can develop well-informed advice and strategies that are sensitive to the various needs of multiple constituents
- Engage associates, staff members and other constituents in developing goals, executing plans, and delivering results; mobilize teams, building momentum to get things done by communicating clearly and consistently; use negotiation skills and adaptability to encourage recognition of issues, and to influence the outcomes
- Leads by example; align people, work, and systems with the business imperative to deliver results; ensure that associates have the support and tools they need to meet current and longer-term objectives; conscientiously assign performance goals, offer year-round performance feedback, and conduct timely performance discussions and reviews
- Regularly and customarily partners with leadership, staff, associates, and other Managers in practice development efforts; have vast and ongoing knowledge of the assigned markets, organization’s target practice areas, and the practice preferences of organization’s staff members
- Ability to assess client satisfaction, and identify additional client service opportunities and implement strategies to strengthen client relationships, increase client retention and resolve client issues
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field, preferred
- At least 2 years of comparable work experience in legal marketing or legal business development.
- Must have a good understanding of the legal industry including court processes and legal terminology
- Local and sometimes national travel