Program Delivery Quality Manager
The ideal candidate will provide Leadership for all Quality related initiatives in support of this rail program. Develops, evaluates, and maintains the Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with the client's Quality Policy and quality objectives. Leads proactive assessment of project processes and work results for continual quality improvement. Plans, leads, and participates in Audits, Assessments, and Surveillance activities necessary to determine and demonstrate the effectiveness of the QMS. Plans, develops, manages, and maintains a "lessons-learned library" for quality development and continuous improvement.
Position Description Summary
Under the general direction of the Director of Risk Management and Project Controls and reporting to the Capital Insurance and Quality Process Manager, the Program Delivery Quality Manager will provide leadership-for, and will develop, implement, and maintain the program's Quality Management Systems.
Essential Job Duties - The Position duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Leadership for all Quality related initiatives in support of a notable, California rail program.
• Develop, evaluate, and maintain the Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with the program's Quality Policy and quality objectives.
• Lead proactive assessment of program's processes and work results for continual quality improvement.
• Plan, lead and participate in Audits, Assessments, and Surveillances activities necessary to determine and demonstrate the effectiveness of the QMS.
• Plan, develop, manage, and maintain a "lessons-learned library" for quality development and continuous improvement.
• Plan, lead and participate in Audits, Assessments, and Surveillances activities necessary to determine and demonstrate the effectiveness of the project partner's adherence to their respective requirements.
• Develop, schedule, and conduct quality training and maintain staff familiarity with and understanding of the program's QMS to include QA/QC processes and procedures.
• Develop and assess metrics to analyze and measure the implementation of quality objectives.
• Leadership for the Construction oversight teams in the field. PCMs, DBs, RCs.
• Evaluate root causes for quality issues and apply Corrective Actions and improvements.
• Develop and deploy a documented non-conformance process.
• Develop and deploy a Quality Action Request (QAR) process.
• Develop and deploy a Corrective and Preventive Action process.
• Coordinate and collaborate directly with Sr. Management to assure that the QMS is meeting expectations.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to provide oversight and quality support for program's internal and field operations to include our partners, PCMs, DBs, and RCs.
• Provide support to the internal infrastructure regarding all matters associated with the deployment of a Certification worthy Quality Management System
• Maintain quality records in accordance with the Authority Records Management Process
• Provide leadership and support for the Quality Management System to gain ISO 9001-2015 certification.
Hardware/Software Knowledge Specifications
• Demonstrated experience utilizing large-scale, construction quality control software systems as necessary to identify the most frequent and costly deficiencies; tracking quality improvement progress and successes; subcontractor quality performance scorecards and ranking reports; quality management dashboards for monitoring the quality activities and health of the quality management system.
• Experience with Punchlist software and Inspection software systems.
• Thorough familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Experience with Adobe Acrobat.
• Experience with Root Cause Analysis.
Professional Experience Level/Other Qualifications
• Minimum, fifteen (15) to twenty-five (25) years' experience in Program Delivery Quality Management, directly related to both engineering and construction projects is required.
• Training and/or Certification in Quality Control Management is strongly preferred.
• Familiarity with the US Army Corps of Engineers Resident Management System/Quality Control System and/or passing score on a military QC management course is a plus.
• Minimum, Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Business, or related field; or, substantial, directly-applicable experience, in combination with education, certifications and designations that would qualify one for the position.
• Previous experience establishing an ISO 9001-compliant quality management system, verifying that it is working through an internal audit, and then having it undergo and pass a certification audit by a third-party registrar.
• Experience evaluating project plans for client and ISO compliance.
• Cal-OSHA 30-hour training completion is preferred.
• Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with all members of the project team, consultants, contractors, owner’s representatives; as well as city, county and state representatives and government agencies, as may be applicable.
• Minimum, bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field is required.
• Professional Licensure and/or Certification(s), preferred.
SmartHire, Inc. offers Contingency Search, Retained Search, Recruitment Process Outsourcing RPO and On-Demand Hourly recruiting.
SmartHire focuses in Legal, Engineering, Medical or Healthcare, Human Resources, Communications/Public Relations, Information Technology, Finance & Accounting, Biotechnology, Non-Profit, Marketing and Sales.
For more information on SmartHire, please visit our website at www.smarthireinc.com.
SmartHire Inc., 1 E Erie St, Suite 525-2573, Chicago, IL 60611